Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thing 8

Wow! Wiki's could be used in so many different ways in the classroom. It seems like with every new technological tool that I have learned about so far in this class, the more excited I become about how I can incorporate these things into my classroom- especially a Wiki! One Wiki that I examined was Mr. Lindsay's Classroom Wiki. I liked how he had everything set up. It was very organized and easy to maneuver.  I also liked that he had a section for student blogs and you could see what all the students were doing in the class.  Another Wiki that I got some ideas from was Mrs.Cassidy's class- Schools from the past. This would be a super easy way to compile information from the students. It basically just had information that the students had gathered from their parents and grandparents about the way that school used to be, but you could use it for any sort of research or data that your students are compiling.  One really cool b wiki was the Greetings from the world. This would be such an awesome idea to incorporate with your students, especially if you were a social studies teacher.  I would like to create a wiki to use with my students when we are doing a particular novel and have other classes around the world who are studying the same novel get involved. I think that that this would be very informational and the students would truly enjoy it.  One goal that I have for my class this year is to incorporate the use of a wiki!

No comments:

Post a Comment