Monday, July 25, 2011

Thing 20

I use Google docs frequently at work. One way that I use this is our administrators share discipline issues with the teachers through a Google docs spreadsheet. For example, we have a no hoodie privilege document where whenever a student gets in trouble and cannot wear their hoodie anymore, the administrators update the spreadsheet and then share it with the teachers to them them know that student can't wear the hoodie anymore.  I also use Google docs with my GT class. They wrote all of their essays in Google docs this last year and shared them with me. I was able to go in and edit and make comments on their essays, which was much easier than grading them as a "paper" version.  Another way that we used google docs was with editing. Students would share their essays with their peers and they were able to go in and collaboratively add constructive criticism on the rough drafts to aid in the final copies. I have found Google docs to be a great collaborative tool this last year and will continue to utilize it more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment