Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thing 10

Thing 10
•Have you noticed the CC logo on any websites you visit? Did you wonder what it meant? I have seen this logo before and a few years ago, I did wonder what it meant. Our librarian, Mrs. Toogood, was the first one to explain to me what Creative Commons was and how it was used.
•Do you think CC will impact the way students learn and create projects? How? Yes, I definitely think this. In my classroom this past year, there were several times where my students were searching for images to use in presentations and we had to make sure that they were using CC so that they would not violate copyright laws.  I think this impacts learning, because it makes them aware of the laws and that you can’t just use “anything” on the web.
•Do you use digital images, audio or video clips from the web in your teaching (or professional practice)? Sometimes I use these in my teaching, but I have a goal to use them more this year.
•Do you ever share content on the web? My classroom blog is available on the web for anyone to see. They can access it and use any materials there that they would like. 
•What are some potential negatives for using CC? I am not sure about potential negatives, but it does take a little longer to find what you are looking for, but it is understandable so that copyright is not violated.

No comments:

Post a Comment