Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thing 11

The librarian at my school always encourages the students to use Flickr Creative Commons when they need to use images for a project they are creating on the computer. This is how I first heard about Creative Commons.  Before, I used images without giving credit (oops!) but now use Creative Commons. My English class was creating a facebook page for the novel we were reading this year- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and they needed images for their pages. They used Creative Commons when searching for images. Most of the students complain that they can't find as many "good" images when they use it, but I always explain to them that it is a must. When I was going through and searching images for Thing 11, I search for images related to The Red Badge of Courage, which is a novel that my AT class reads every year. One of the images that I found was an old cannon used in the Civil War. 

No comments:

Post a Comment