Sunday, July 24, 2011

Thing 16

When examining Library Thing, it seems very similar to a website that I frequent often called Goodreads. Both of these sites are good ideas because it becomes a sort of "virtual bookshelf." I like it because I can keep track of books that I am reading, read, or want to read.  I also like the fact that there are book reviews on Library Thing and Goodreads.  In the classroom, this site could be used for the students to keep track of books that they have read and rate them. I actually had my students do this with Goodreads. They liked it because they could go through and rate books that they had read and in a way it was like facebook because they could friend each other and see how their friends had rated books and what was on their virtual bookshelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment