Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thing 1: Reflections on Lifelong Learning

  • Which habit(s) may be most challenging for you to employ as part of your Learning 2.0 experience?

  •      I found the most challenging habit to me would be to begin with the end in mind. I usually don't do that, I just follow each step and see how things turn out.  When completing lesson plans, I do begin with the end in mind, but in life situations, I just take things as they come, day by day, and step by step.  I always know what the goal is in the end, but it not a huge focus to me when I am following the steps. My husband begins with the end in mind and works backwards. My mind just does not work that way.

  • Which habit(s) will be easiest, or are most resonant for you as a lifelong learner?

  •      I think that the easiest habit for my will be accepting responsiblity for my own learning. I have learned in life that you can really only depend on yourself.  I have been in situations where I really thought that I could depend on someone to do something or be there for me, and they did not or were not there.  I know that I am responsible for my own learning; that just like any life situation, you are ultimately the only one that can do it for yourself. 

    *  Which habit do you think will be most important for you as you work through this course, and why?
         I think that the most important habit for me as I work through this course is habit 7 1/2, Play! The reason why this is most important to me is because as an adult, I have gotten so used to "work" and doing everything because I have to and not because I want to.  I just want to sit down and get it done, instead of "playing" around with things. It will be nice to begin to "play" throughout this course.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment